Source: Williams-Sonoma One Pot of the Day
Skill level: Medium
Time: One hour
- 1 cup Arborio or Carnaroli rice
- 1/2 lb. cooked lobster tail meat
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup canned diced tomatoes (omitted here, but part of the recipe)
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup white wine (I used my favorite everyday Chardonnay)
- 1/2 tsp grated lemon zest
- 2 cups chicken broth mixed with 2 cups water
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 3 Tbsp Olive oil
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- Pinch of saffron threads (optional but I really believe necessary)
- Salt and peper to taste
2) Heat the olive oil in a large pan. Add the diced onion and red pepper flakes. Cook until the onions are translucent (about 2 minutes).
3) Put the chicken broth and water in a saucepan and bring to a simmer.
4) Add the rice and stir until the rice is well mixed with the oil in the pan and is also translucent (about 3 minutes).
5) With the pan on medium-low heat, gradually add the hot chicken broth to the risotto, one ladle at a time. As soon as the liquid has been absorbed, add another ladleful of broth. Repeat until there is one ladleful of broth left.
6) After about 20-30 minutes of adding and stirring, the risotto should be just about done and creamy. Taste it! If it needs more time, give it more time and add the leftover broth.
7) When ready, throw in the butter and the cut up lobster and stir.
8) Turn off the heat and get ready for a delightful meal!
In the spirit of Valentine’s Day… top this dish off with some greens and mascarpone garlic bread. Enjoy!
xoxo -The Yummy Bunny.