Source: Inspiration from Getaway Cafe UCR
Skill level: Easy
Time: 30 minutes
- Pre-made pizza dough or make one here (although you’ll need to add time to this recipe!)
- Pesto: either pre-made or find the recipe here
- Artichoke hearts
- Chopped roma tomatoes
- Chopped cashew nuts
- Shredded mozzarella cheese
- Marinara sauce
If you knew me in college you’d know that some of my favorite times with best friends were spent at Getaway Cafe- one totally Veggie Pizza and Wyder’s pear cider, please. Whether it was between classes or to celebrate the end of a quarter, this meal always hit the spot and I make it a point to visit when I’m in Riverside. With a few tweaks to make it a little healthier, I can reminisce about college and good times when I pull this out of my own oven at home. I use wheat pizza dough, lite mozzarella cheese and add arugula to make it a little healthier.
You’ll notice that there aren’t really measurements for this recipe. Make this recipe yours- add as little or as much as you’d like!
1) Preheat oven to 400° F or the temperature that is suggested on the dough’s packaging.
2) Roll out the dough on a smooth floured surface. Work and roll the dough so that it is pretty thin. The dough will rise and get fluffy in the oven so roll it out as thin as you want it.
3) I use the bottom of a springform baking pan and roll the dough onto this pan. This is my secret for making a perfectly circle-shaped pizza. Fold the edges in and pinch them for the pizza crust.
4) Add all of your ingredients except for the arugula onto your pizza (“Totally Veggie”: pesto sauce, cheese, artichoke hearts, roma tomatoes, cashews. Paul’s pizza: marinara, oregano, basil, cheese, mushrooms)
5) Top your pizza will about half of the arugula that you want on your pizza. Arugula shrinks when cooked so you’ll notice it kind of disappears in the oven.
6) Cook your pizza until the cheese is bubbly and slightly browned.
7) If desired, add more arugula and put back in the oven for 2-3 minutes, just enough to warm the arugula but not quite cook it.
8) Allow the pizzas to cool for 5 minutes and then dig in!
xoxo -The Yummy Bunny.