Over the weekend I was talking with one of my friends (check out her super cute blog: Travel-in-Stilettos) about how we all need a “cheat day”. We divulged on our favorite meals, snacks and baked goods to make the absolute best of our “cheat”. We concluded that everybody needs a cheat day. Here is mine:
Source: Family recipe and lots of Sunday mornings. Thanks Mom!
Skill level: Easy
Time: 20 minutes
- 3 dl flour
- 1 1/2 dl milk
- 1 egg
- Pinch of salt
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract (use the real stuff!)
- 1 banana
- 1 nectarine
1) Combine the milk, flour, eggs and salt in a bowl. Whisk until well combined and there are no lumps. Allow the mixture to sit for a few minutes.
2) Heat a cast iron skillet or pan on medium-low heat. Use a non-stick spray or a small cut of butter.
3) Add a ladleful of the mixture to the heated pan. Pick up the pan and spread the mixture around the pan, ensuring a nice thin pancake.
4) Allow the pancake to cook for 1-2 minutes or until it appears to be dry on the top. Gently turn the pancake.
5) Cook the pancake for another 1-2 minutes until fully cooked.
Now for the filling!
6) Make the whipped cream: combine all ingredients into a single cup blender cup or food processor and blend until whipped. Spoon whipped cream onto the pancake.
7) Add fruit.
8) Roll the pancake up and top with some more whipped cream, of course.
Who doesn’t love breakfast for dinner?
xoxo -The Yummy Bunny.