Source/Inspiration: Adapted from TheNourishingGourmet
Yield: 8 cups
Skill level: Easy
Time: 25-35 minutes (5 minutes active, 20-30 minutes churning)
- 2 14 ounce cans of full fat coconut milk (light milk doesn’t freeze properly and the ice cream turns into a slushy!)
- 1/3 cup agave nectar
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1-3 cups dairy free-chocolate chips or dark chocolate (adjust to your liking!)
I am enjoying the next four weeks of summer and time off work. While I’m not completely off (taking time to prep for the coming year and work on projects!) I definitely have some more time to enjoy this BEAUTIFUL city I call home.
With temperatures rising, bringing in warm summer nights and time with family and friends, I have to share this ice cream recipe. I’ve definitely tried a few ice cream recipes but this one is still my favorite-I love this blogger too for inspiration! This is the EASIEST and quickest ice cream recipe and ridiculously delicious! I made this Coachella weekend and it was a hit!
1) Combine the coconut milk, agave, vanilla and peppermint in a medium bowl.
2) Once combined well, pour into ice cream maker and freeze according to instructions. It took my Cuisinart about 25 minutes to churn the ice cream.
3) While you wait, cut up the chocolate chips or dark chocolate into chunks. I cut some chunks into smaller pieces to vary the size of the chocolate pieces. Wait until the ice cream is almost done (1-2 minutes left) and then add the chocolate.
4) You can either serve this delicious treat right away or you can put it in the freezer for another 20-30 minutes to harden even more. Either way, put the ice cream in an airtight container to store!
My favorite sweet tooth indulgence is to add this ice cream between two chocolate chip cookies. Delicious ice cream sandwich, vegan style!
Source/Inspiration: Adapted from Veganbaking.net
Yield: 36 bite-sized cookies
Skill level: Easy
Time: 25 minutes (12 minutes active, 13 minutes baking time)
- 2 Tablespoons golden flax meal
- 3 Tablespoons water
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cups + 2 Tablespoons vegan butter (or 1 3/4 sticks)
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons molasses
- 2 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (at least!!)
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
Soooo blogging more definitely has not happened in the last two months-these are the hardest months at work and I totally got stuck in the whirlwind of it all. Regardless, I am so excited to share this recipe!
The biggest compliment a vegan chef or baker can get is “This is delicious- I can’t believe it is vegan!” I have baked these little nuggets so many times in the last couple of months-this recipe totally rivals my best chocolate chip cookie recipe I baked before becoming vegan. Even better, they are so quick and easy to make. I usually make the dough and bake just a few at a time. Caution: just because they are vegan doesn’t make them “healthy”- there is a ton of sugar in these babies, but makes for a delicious once-in-a-while treat!
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Whisk the flax seed meal and water together in a small bowl. Allow the mixture to rest for 10 minutes in the fridge while you mix the rest of the ingredients.
2) Combine the dry ingredients: flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. (The cinnamon is a wonderfully yummy touch!)
3) Combine the vegan butter and sugar until mixed together well. Add the flax seed mixture from step 1 and stir. Once combined, add the molasses and vanilla extract and mix until combined-this smells delicious!
4) Gradually add the flour mixture from step 2 and mix together.
5) Once the dough is combined (use your hands if necessary!) add in the chocolate chips.
6) Form small round dough balls using two spoons. Bake for 10-12 minutes.
How will you enjoy this little delicious treat?!
Freshly baked with a scoop of almond milk based chocolate ice cream and crushed pistachio nuts.